Sunday, February 14, 2010

Congratulations Pam & Luke



My cousin Pamela got married this past weekend. Being the resident cake artist in the family, I had the honour to create their wedding cake. Pamela's tastes were simple & sophisticated, she wanted a tall elegant cake which captured some of the unique features of her bridal gown - the burgundy gathered fabric of the bodice and the beautiful brooch and piping details. So I created a 4 tier square cake - each tier was 6" tall! All tiers were finished in an ivory fondant with burgundy sugar fabric gathered at the base of each tier, in the corners I added the brooch which was made from gumpaste.


Pam also wanted to surprise Luke (her husband-to-be) with a unique groom's cake which showed his love of hockey and her passion for ballet & dance. Originally the design was a bit simple, and in this last week, with her permission, I decided to take it up a notch and surprise them both with a showpiece cake that they will remember for years to come. With the help of my husband (now my resident cake engineer!) I created a standing life size hockey skate and ballet toe shoe. Personal touches such as Luke's nickname, were added to the design in the form of the skate logo.
Congratulations Pam & Luke - thank you for letting me be a part of your special day!








1 comment:

Hildur Bakkene said...

The cake is absolutely beautiful!

How did you get the skate to stand up? Looks like magic!