Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Tribute to Mary



This past Sunday was a special day for me and for our family. My great aunt celebrated her 85th birthday, and I created the cupcake birthday tower for the family celebration.





Since close to 100 guests were expected to attend, I thought a tower of cupcakes would be best for the event - they are self serve, portable, and the display always looks good even though some have been taken away!


100 cupcakes were made, 1/2 midnight chocolate cake 1/2 vanilla orchid cake both finished with a vanilla buttercream. On 1/2 I hand piped buttercream roses and leaves, the other 1/2 was garnished with a sugar plaque adorned with a golden 85.

The top tier was lemon scented cake and raspberry buttercream, finished in ivory fondant. It was adorned with an arrangement of gumpaste flowers, jewelry from Bride2Bead and a gumpaste vintage photo frame with edible photo of my great aunt Mary.

A beautiful and sweet tribute to a wonderful woman.

Happy Birthday Auntie Bombi - with many more to come!

No comments: